|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Matthew Jason "Matt" Pelissier, occasionally known as Otter Pelissier, is an American musician, songwriter and producer, and one of the co-founders and the original drummer of the rock band My Chemical Romance. He also founded Strong Arm Recording Studios, located in Harrison, New Jersey in 2006.
Pelissier founded the band My Chemical Romance with Gerard Way in 2001, just after the 9/11 attacks. He was an "old friend" of Gerard Way's, and had drummed in a number of local bands. Way played him a rudimentary version of "Skylines and Turnstiles" that he had recorded at home; Pelissier was impressed, and agreed to help Way by laying down some drums on a proper demo. Way and Pelissier soon recruited guitarist and mutual friend Ray Toro to the band. Like Pelissier, Toro had been a member of Kearny punk band The Rodneys.
With the band's almost full outfit of Way on vocals, his brother Mikey Way on bass, guitarist Ray Toro, and Pelissier on drums, they recorded the demos of songs which would get them onto their first label, Eyeball Records, in Pelissier's basement, those demos now being known as The Attic Demos, though they are still incomplete. During the recording process of I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love, they recruited rhythm guitarist Frank Iero, who had at the time recently disbanded his band Pencey Prep. The album was released through Eyeball Records, on the 23rd of July, 2002. After the launch of the sophomore album,Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, in 2004, band manager Brian Schecter asked Pelissier to leave the band. The band did not disclose why they had asked him to leave. Theories emerged, accusing him of burning the band's first van that Way's grandmother had bought them, though these claims remain unsubstantiated.
In the summer of 2006, Pelissier and George Collazo formed Strong Arm Studios, a recording studio located in Harrison, New Jersey.
Current Musical Projects
Matt is now playing drums in a new band out of NJ called Revenir!
The band started recording on their first full length record called "Exiled From Bear Country" in late 2012 and finished early 2013. They have been slowly gaining fans across the world thanks to Twitter and Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Revenir-Music/399609190053471
Matt appears on the original version of the video for the song "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)." He can be seen playing drums with a new tattoo on his arm. In the second video version of the music video has Bob Bryar playing the drums but he had been officially recruited by the band at this point, but not added. This is evident by the fact that Gerard repeatedly blocks Bryar's face, supposedly to keep viewers from thinking he was a member of the band at that time. Another reason to note is since he had recently joined, he is not seen with the other band members in the high school scenes or credited in the movie card at the end. Bob came just one day before filming the video, after the tour in Japan.
With My Chemical Romance
- Like Phantoms Forever (2002)
- "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" (2002)
- "Honey, This Mirror Isn’t Big Enough for the Two of Us" (2003)
- "Headfirst for Halos" (2004)
- "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" (2004)
- "Thank You for the Venom" (2004)
- "Helena" (2005)
- "Under Pressure" (2005)
- "The Ghost Of You" (2005)
- "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" (2002)
- "Honey, This Mirror Isn’t Big Enough for the Two of Us" (2002)
- "Dreams of Stabbing and/or Being Stabbed" (2001)
Other original album appearances
- In Honour to Beat Cancer - "Headfirst for Halos" (Live) (2004)
- Kevin & Bean's Christmastime in the 909 - "All I Want for Christmas is You" (Cover) (2004)
- Exiled From Bear Country
- ^ http://www.100xr.com/100_XR/Artists/M/My_Chemical_Romance.html
- ^ Press conference held in Chile February 2008
- ^ Template:Cite web Template:Dead link
- ^ http://encycl.opentopia.com/term/The_Rodneys
- ^ http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/14745/
- ^ http://www.musicianguide.com/biographies/1608004737/My-Chemical-Romance.html
- ^ http://www.dictionaryslang.com/Matt%20Pelissier
- ^ http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/50884/
- ^ http://music.aol.com/artist/matt-pelissier/biography